The Board of Assessors is responsible for the full and fair market valuation of real and personal property. They are also responsible to assess and administer motor vehicle, farm and boat excises.
The Assessors conduct inspections of properties with recent building permits to establish new values for those properties and to determine new growth for the Town's levy limit. The Assessor's department provides the following services:
- Maintain current and accurate records on all property
- Assist in determining sewer betterments and commit original and apportioned betterments
- Provide public information, administer and maintain records for personal, charitable and agricultural exemptions
- Assess, administer and defend State-owned land values
- Assist property owners and real estate professionals in obtaining information about properties located in Salisbury