Open Town Board/Committee Seats
|Affordable Housing Trust||1 and 2||3 Years and 2 Years||Board of Selectmen|
|Agricultural Commission||1||3 Years||Board of Selectmen|
|Arts Lottery/Cultural Council||2 and 1||3 Years and 2 Years||Board of Selectmen|
|Board of Health||4||3 Years||Town Manager|
|Conservation Commission||1||2 Years||Town Manager|
|Council on Aging||3||3 Years||Board of Selectmen|
|Harbor Commission||1||3 Years||Board of Selectmen|
|Housing Authority||1||4 Years||Board of Selectmen|
|Planning Board||1 Alt.||2 Years||Board of Selectmen|
If you are a resident of Salisbury and are interested in volunteering for one of the above positions, please send a letter of interest to the appointing authority at 5 Beach Rd, Salisbury, MA 01952 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Council on Aging Hilton Senior Center
The Senior Center is currently looking for motivated and caring individuals to help with the following activities:
- Activities and Programs: Musicians for performances; fitness class instructors; arts, crafts, and drawing classes; educational programs or lectures; assisting with bingo, bridge, or other games; assisting with monthly decorating of the dining area
- NEET: Drivers needed to assist Seniors in getting to their appointments using your own vehicle. Drivers will be provided with supplemental insurance and $0.40 per mile reimbursement.
- Hospitality: Assisting with serving refreshments for various Senior Center functions.
- Custodial: Maintenance assistance desired with outdoor and indoor projects throughout the year.
- Photography: Photographers desired during Senior Center events throughout the year.
- Technology: Assistance needed helping seniors with cell phones, ipads, tablets, or computers. Experience level varies from senior to senior.
- Data Entry: Assistance needed for Senior Center staff in the area of entering data for various reports and analysis. Experience with Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint needed.
- Nutrition: Assisting in the preparation and serving of meals to seniors at the in-house dining room as well as clean-up.
- Friendly Visitor/Telephone Reassurance: Brighten someone’s day by contacting a home-bound or ill senior by phone or personal visit at their home (someone who lives alone) for a brief period of time for conversation, a listening ear, or to play a game is also welcoming.
Please contact the Salisbury Senior Center at 978-462-2412 for more information or click here to visit their page.
|Senior Center Volunteer Application||258.96 KB|